Eight people are facing charges after an overnight sobriety checkpoint on Long Island.
Police officers from the Suffolk County Police Department Highway Patrol Bureau’s Selective Alcohol Fatality Enforcement Team (SAFE-T) and the 2nd Precinct, assisted by New York State Troopers, conducted the Sobriety Checkpoint at the corner of New York Avenue and Church Street in Huntington Station.
The checkpoint was part of the Columbus Day holiday weekend enforcement initiative targeting impaired driving due to alcohol and/or drugs. A total of 363 vehicles went through the checkpoint.
The following people were charged with driving while intoxicated:
- Erica Scheppy, 46, of Greenlawn
- Stacy Abrams, 40, of Bethpage
- Katerina Patsalos, 43, of Dix Hills
- Anvesh Jagini, 26, of Huntington
- Luis Mendoza, 48, of Huntington Station
- Angel Maldonado, 23, of Winter Haven, Florida
- Tyler Rowe, 25, of Commack
Joseph Cacciato, 23, of Huntington Station was charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs and criminal possession of a controlled substance.
The above individuals will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on Thursday, Oct. 16.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.