James Stremel, age 51, of Hicksville, and 39-year-old Jeffrey Huffman, of Levittown, were both arrested on Friday, April 29, according to the Nassau County Police Department
Police said an investigation into drug activity and a fatal overdose on Saturday, March 26, led detectives to an apartment in Levittown on Friday, where investigators saw Stremel and Huffman engage in what appeared to be a drug transaction.
Police recovered a substance believed to be crack cocaine and arrested Stremel, police said. He was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, NCPD reported.
At about 7:30 p.m. that day, detectives executed a search warrant on the apartment with Town of Hempstead Code Enforcement, and reportedly recovered the following:
- About $7,800
- About 130 glassine envelopes containing a substance believed to be heroin
- Substances believed to be cocaine and crack cocaine
- A scale and measuring cup
Police said Huffman was arrested in front of his residence and charged with:
- Seven counts of third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- One count of second-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Three counts of third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance
Both defendants were arraigned on Saturday, April 30, police said.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Nassau and receive free news updates.