Three firefighters were injured battling a blaze in a Westchester home filled with clutter and junk.
The fire took place around 3:56 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 23, at a single-family home located on the 100 block of Scott Avenue in Yonkers, said Deputy Chief Joseph Citrone.
The fire started from an electrical outlet that sparked and ignited a mattress, Citrone said.
"Fire crews had an extremely difficult time putting out the fire due to junk being piled to the ceiling making it hard to reach the seat of the fire," Citrone said.
The house was so cluttered that it resulted in a large fire load and total loss, said Citrone.
Houses next door received minor damage.
No civilians injured, three firefighters were brought to local hospitals with minor injuries.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.