TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington last week:
- Westchester is home to nine billionaires, including David Rockefeller, rank. 201, of Sleepy Hollow, on the 2014 Forbes 400 list that was released on Monday, Sept. 29.
- Sleepy Hollow Cemetery and Sleepy Hollow Tarrytown Historical Society are joining forces to celebrate 165 and 125 years respectively with a Dinner with the Dead on Monday, Oct. 27.
- The national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is looking into nine cases of children in Colorado who have experienced limb weakness or paralysis after contracting a respiratory virus.
- Pocantico Hills School students, teachers and volunteer parents harvested a crop of vegetables grown at home in the nearby Rockefeller Pocantico Hills gardens and turned the bounty into soups, pestos and breads for the annual Soup Day on Tuesday, Sept. 30.
- Irvington Police have initiated a search for a 41-year-old woman from Pennsylvania driving a pickup truck who may be emotionally disturbed and missing.
- New York State Police from the Cortlandt barracks charged a Tarrytown man with driving while intoxicated on Sunday, Sept. 28, officials said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.