ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- Get your red, white and blue on, Rockland. Independence Day festivities are upon us with towns across the county gearing up to show their patriotic pride.
The following is a sampling of activities for securing the best perch for picnics and pyrotechnics. Feel free to add any we've missed on our Facebook page.
Be sure to check websites and weather forecasts -- especially Friday, July 1 as there's a call for rain.
Thursday, June 30
- Nanuet: A concert, family-friendly activities and fireworks are on the docket at Nanuet High School where festivities begin at 6 p.m. Music featuring the Mighty Spectrum Band are scheduled for 8 p.m, with fireworks following at 9 p.m. Rain date: Friday, July 1. Enjoy Fourth Fun: www.clarkstown.org/ .
Friday, July 1
- Pomona: Head to Boulders Stadium for a game, live music, giveaways and fireworks starting at 7 p.m. July 1. The fun continues on July 2 and 3, with baseball games at 6:30 p.m. complete with fireworks. On Monday, July 4 the festivities begin at 5:30 p.m. for a game, hot dog eating contest, more giveaways, a post-game performance from the Ramsey Wind Symphony and a fireworks extravaganza. Enjoy Fourth Fun: (845) 364-0009 or www.rocklandboulders.com/ .
Saturday, July 2
- Haverstraw: Pack a picnic and head to Bowline Point Park where the festivities start at 8 p.m. The rain date is July 3. Enjoy Fourth Fun: ( 845) 429-2200 or www.townofhaverstraw.org/ .
Monday, July 4
- Nyack: The annual fireworks display starts at 9 p.m in Memorial Park. Enjoy Fourth Fun: http://nyack-ny.gov/july-4th-fireworks-2015/
- Pearl River: A free concert and fireworks display is held by The Pearl River Board of Trade at the East Central Avenue ball field starting at 7 p.m. Fireworks start at 9 p.m. in the field behind the Pearl River Library.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.