A 30-year-old man has been charged in connection to nine residential burglaries in July and August of this year on Long Island.
Following an investigation, Suffolk County Police First Squad detectives located Alfred Giglio, of Lindenhurst, on Veterans Memorial Highway, Ronkonkoma on Friday, Aug. 16 at around 12:45 p.m. and arrested him for three burglaries that occurred in the First Precinct in July 2019.
In conjunction with Fourth and Sixth Squad detectives, further investigation revealed he was responsible for six burglaries that occurred in the Fourth and Sixth Precincts on Aug. 11, police said.
The following is a list of the nine burglaries committed by Giglio, according to police:
- 21 Knickerbocker Ave., Ronkonkoma, Sunday, Aug. 11
- 107 Port Ave., Ronkonkoma, Sunday, Aug. 11
- 151 Springdale Drive, Ronkonkoma, Sunday, Aug. 11
- 2494 Pond Road, Ronkonkoma, Sunday, Aug. 11
- 749 Erie St., Ronkonkoma, Sunday, Aug. 11
- 8 2nd St., Lake Ronkonkoma, Sunday, Aug. 11
- 15 Gateway Drive, Copiague, Monday, July 29
- 26 Barberry Court, Amityville, Thursday, July 25
- 55 Howard Ave., Copiague, Tuesday, July 23
Giglio was charged with nine counts of burglary and one count each of criminal possession of stolen property and possession of burglary tools.
He was held overnight at the First Precinct and is scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on Saturday, Aug. 17.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.