GREENWICH, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich last week:
- No one was injured in a car fire on the southbound Merritt Parkway between Exits 28 and 27 in Greenwich.
- The Convent of the Sacred Heart in Greenwich announced that two students -- Grace Isford and Virginia Blessing -- have been named semifinalists for National Merit Scholarships.
- Twelve towns from Fairfield County were named to SafeWise's list of safest communities in Connecticut, including Greenwich.
- In the largest single gift ever to Stamford Hospital, Greenwich hedge fund billionaire Steven Cohen and his wife Alexandra made a donation of $20 million through their foundation.
- Frank Corvino, president and CEO of Greenwich Hospital, unveiled the street sign for a section of Perryridge Road in front of the hospital named in his honor as he prepares to retire.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.