TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington last week:
- Newly elected Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred of Tarrytown will be the latest Westchester resident to head a major pro sports league.
- The Sleepy Hollow Village Board rejected a proposal on Tuesday, Aug. 12 to reexamine its decision to not hire a decorated Marine veteran to the police force, according to LoHud.com.
- Westchester County Police arrested two women in Ossining on Tuesday, July 29, including one on charges of prostitution, officials said.
- Buchanan-based Indian Point’s Unit 3 nuclear power plant automatically shut down in response to a false signal indicating a change in reactor coolant system pressure on Wednesday, Aug. 13.
- Rabid bats may be in Westchester, and residents who see a bat in their home should catch it and bring it in for testing, according to the Westchester County health department.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.