TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington last week:
- An agreement was finalized for Phelps Memorial Hospital Center in Sleepy Hollow to join the North Shore-LIJ Health System.
- Rene Carcamo, 60, was arrested and accused of hanging 25 dead cats from a tree near his Yonkers home in April.
- Multi-vehicle accidents led to the closure of three separates stretches of the Saw Mill River Parkway on Wednesday evening, including an accident in Yonkers that resulted in the death of a pedestrian, according to reports.
- The male pedestrian who was struck and killed on the Saw Mill River Parkway in Dobbs Ferry on Wednesday night was identified as Hever Letona of Elmsford, according to Westchester County Police.
- The Internal Revenue Service is warning Westchester County residents to beware of a new telephone scam demanding money or bank information from taxpayers.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Tarrytown-SleepyHollow and receive free news updates.