TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington last week:
- Carolyn Costin finds Irvington to be like a “storybook” land and the perfect site for Monte Nido, New York’s first residential treatment facility for women and men with eating disorders.
- Assemblyman Tom Abinanti (D-Greenburg / Mount Pleasant ) has publicly opposed New York State’s appeal of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s denial of an application to borrow $511 million in federal funds to build the new Tappan Zee Bridge.
- Irvington School District fourth graders visited the Ward Pound Ridge Reservation and participated in an interactive educational program, Indian Lore.
- Sleepy Hollow students from the Participation in Government and Contemporary Issues class and teacher Claire Heskestad took part in Con Edison’s Get Out the Vote Video Contest.
- Irvington High School will host a forum on concussions, concussion identification and treatment at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 30 in the Campus Theater, 40 N. Broadway Ave.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.