TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow and Irvington last week:
- A mammoth construction crane named 'I Lift NY' from San Francisco has arrived to assist in the Tappan Zee Bridge replacement project, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal.
- The man who hanged himself at a parking garage in Peekskill Monday was a veteran who lived at the Montrose VA Medical Center. He left a suicide note and also left a check for a funeral home in Tarrytown to pay for his funeral.
- Voters narrowly approved the Irvington Union Free School District's bond proposal on Tuesday by a vote of 1,095 yes to 945 no.
- Former U.S. Rep. Peter Peyser, one of the major political figures in Westchester County history, died Thursday at his home in Irvington. He was 93 and suffering from Parkinson's disease.
- The emerging respiratory virus that killed at least four people including a 4-year-old in New Jersey will not be stopped by this season's flu shot, a public health expert said Tuesday.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.