Putnam County residents can head to the polls on Tuesday to vote on various school budgets and capital spending proposals.
Nearly half the districts are seeking to spend close to the state-imposed tax cap next year.
These school districts have special "capital spending" requests that also must be OK'd by local taxpayers:
- Brewster Schools week to borrow $754,000 to buy new school buses.
- Carmel Schools seeking 2 percent increase.
- Haldane Schools have two special votes. One to buy a $55,000 student transportation vehicle. Haldane also seeks to create a $1 million capital-reserve fund for facilities improvements.
- Mahopac Schools are seeking to borrow up to $1 million for new school buses.
- Putnam Valley Schools are seeking to borrow up to $500,000 for new school buses.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.