YOU READ IT HERE FIRST: Fumes from a basement home heating oil spill of nearly 50 gallons forced five residents from a Washington Township home tonight after they were overcome by fumes.
All were evaluated by EMS workers at the Washington Avenue home and refused further treatment, responders told CLIFFVIEW PILOT.
The residents were spending the night at a brother-in-law’s home in the township until the cleanup from the delivery spill was complete, they said.
Responders just after 11:30 p.m. included the Bergen County Hazardous Materials Unit and EMS squads from the township, Westwood and Hillsdale.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.