This time it’s for real: Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes are set to headline one of New Jersey's first drive-in concerts, this one at Monmouth Park.
For those who got the fever for a show, up to four occupants per vehicle will be allowed at the "Drive-In" event at the Oceanport racetrack on Saturday, July 11. Max capacity: 1,000.
You can either listen via an FM signal or with your windows down.
And yes, cars will be social distanced:
- Vehicles will be spaced approximately 9 feet apart, a distance at which windows can reopen;
- Cars will park in a staggered fashion "to achieve spacing and best visibility";
- Patrons must remain inside their vehicles;
- Patrons may leave their vehicles only to use restrooms, and will be required to wear masks and maintain social distancing;
- Portable, single-stall restrooms will be cleaned between patrons.
Tickets for “Drive-In Live,” staged by the Count Basie Center for the Arts in Red Bank, go on sale at 10 a.m. this Friday on Ticketmaster.
The cost is $150 per vehicle ($250 / $225 for “gold circle”).
A portion of proceeds will benefit the New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund, with the rest going to the Basie Center.
Gates open at 4 p.m. Showtime is at 6.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.