More than half of New Jersey's hospitals earned an "A" on Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade's latest report, making it the state with the highest percentage of top scores in America.
The biannual ranking says that 56.72 percent of the state's hospitals earned A's -- 38 of the 67 that submitted their quality and safety data, up from 33 percent in Spring 2018.
Leapfrog's safety grade uses 28 measures -- all currently in use by national measurement and reporting programs -- to produce a single letter representing a hospital’s overall performance in keeping patients safe from preventable harm and medical errors.
Here's how hospitals Bergen and Passaic counties ranked:
- Hackensack University Medical Center: A
- St. Joseph's University Medical Center, Paterson: A
- St. Mary's General Hospital, Passaic: A
- The Valley Hospital: A
- Englewood Hospital and Medical Center: B
- Holy Name Medical Center: B
- Hackensack University Medical Center at Pascack Valley, Westwood: C
- St. Joseph's Wayne Medical Center: C
Click here to follow Daily Voice Hackensack and receive free news updates.