Newark Police arrested Alexander Saye, 22, of Irvington in connection with four separate robberies on Friday, Jan. 24 between 7 p.m. and 10:20 p.m.
Naszir Mitchell, 21, of Hillside, was taken into custody on Sunday, Jan. 26 after he was identified as a suspect in three robberies, assaults and a carjacking.
Saye carried out the following robberies, according to police:
- On Lang Street and New York Avenue, Saye approached a man and robbed him of his personal property before fleeing in a vehicle.
- On the 100 block of Chestnut Street, Saye approached a woman and fled in a vehicle after she screamed.
- On Napoleon Street, Saye robbed two men and stole a bag containing a laptop before fleeing in a vehicle.
- On the 200 block of Van Buren Street, Saye was one of two males who stole personal property from a victim and fled in a vehicle.
Saye was arrested on Saturday, Jan. 25 following an investigation, police say. He faces multiple charges of robbery and conspiracy.
Mitchell carried out the following assault-robberies, according to police:
- Mitchell was one of two men who approached a man and woman, stole the woman’s purse and stabbed her in the back around 2 p.m. on Jan. 25. The man was then struck, thrown to the ground and robbed of his personal property. The victims were treated at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center.
- On the 800 block of Summer Avenue, Mitchell was one of two men who stabbed a victim and reached into his pockets around 10:40 p.m. on Jan. 25. The man is in stable condition at University Hospital, police say.
- On the 100 block of Gotthart Street, Mitchell was one of two men who stole a woman’s personal property and stabbed her multiple times in the back around 12:30 a.m. on Jan. 26. The woman was treated for non-life-threatening injuries at University Hospital.
Mitchell was charged with multiple counts of aggravated assault, robbery, unlawful possession of a weapon, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose and conspiracy.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Essex and receive free news updates.