Newark Public Safety Director Anthony F. Ambrose announces that a number of streets will be closed from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday due to a film production.
The production, "Masters of Doom," is a drama series based on the 2003 book of the same name that tells the story of the two founders of id Software, which created revolutionary video games such as Quake, Doom and Wolfenstein 3D.
These street closures will be conducted in three sections, with most streets reopening after their respective section time ends. Those closures continuing into the subsequent section are marked below with an asterisk.
Section One Closures: 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
· Raymond Boulevard between McCarter Highway and Washington Street*
· Broad Street between Market Street and Central Avenue*
· Mulberry Street between Market and Center Streets*
· Park Place between Raymond Boulevard and Center Street
· Halsey Street between Market Street and Warren Street
· Commerce Street between Mulberry and Broad Streets
Section Two Closures: 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Raymond Boulevard between McCarter Highway and Broad Street
· Mulberry Street between Market and Center Streets
· Broad Street: Possible 3 to 5-minute intermitting closures
Section Three Closures: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
· Raymond Boulevard between Lock Street and University Avenue
Drivers traveling in these areas are advised to allow extra time and to plan alternate routes.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.