MONROE, Conn. -- A historic Monroe house that was part of the Underground Railroad was destroyed in a fire Sunday morning, according to the Connecticut Post website.
The fire at the colonial-style house at 181 Hammertown Road was reported at 5 a.m., and the home was totally lost by 11 a.m., the Post said.
The family cat awakened a resident, who was able to get out of the house safely, the Post said.
Click here to read the full article.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Trumbull-Monroe and receive free news updates.