Norwalk Public Schools has added another school to its list of those that have moved to full remote learning due to COVID-19.
School officials were notified late Thursday, Dec. 10, of new confirmed COVID cases at West Rocks Middle School, said Brenda Wilcox Williams, chief communications officer for Norwalk Public Schools.
As a result, West Rocks will be on full remote learning on Friday, Dec. 11, to allow time for contact tracing to take place.
- Related Story: COVID-19: Here's Rundown Of Norwalk Schools Switching To Remote Learning With One New Addition
Students should log on at their usual start time. Families will be updated over the weekend about a return to in-person learning after more information is available, Williams said.
West Rocks makes 15 schools in the district on full remote learning including:
- Brien McMahon High School/will reopen Monday, Dec. 14
- Center for Global Studies/ will reopen Monday, Dec. 14
- Norwalk High School/will reopen Monday, Dec. 14
- P-TECH Norwalk/will reopen Monday, Dec. 14
- Ponus Ridge Middle School/will reopen Monday, Jan. 4, 2021
- Roton Middle Schoo/will reopen Monday, Dec. 14
- Cranbury Elementary/will reopen Monday, Dec. 21
- Fox Run Elementary/will reopen Monday, Dec. 21
- Jefferson Elementary at Ponus/will reopen Monday, Dec. 21
- Silvermine Dual Language/will reopen, Monday, Jan. 24
- Silvermine at Jefferson Annex/will reopen Monday, Jan. 24
- Wolfpit Elementary/will reopen Monday, Jan. 24
- Norwalk Next Step/will reopen Wednesday, Dec. 16.
For questions, contact your individual school or check the school website.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.