NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan last week:
- Stamford police arrested Nathaniel Collado, 33, of Hicksville after a high-speed chase and hit-and-run incident on the Merritt Parkway.
- A woman was struck and killed by a Metro-North train in the early morning of Monday, Nov. 17 near the South Norwalk train station, spokesman Marjorie Anders said.
- A 91-year-old Stratford woman, Stella Antanantis, who was mauled by her own dog died at Bridgeport Hospital.
- Quarterback Mike Collins has helped New Canaan go 9-0 and earn a berth in the FCIAC Championship game against Darien.
- Former assistant superintendent of schools in New Canaan and former Danbury High School principal Elizabeth Feser was named Superintendent of the Year by the Connecticut Association of Public School Superintendents.
- New Canaan recently was named the eighth-safest community in Connecticut by Value Penguin, a personal finance research and analysis site.
Click here to follow Daily Voice New Canaan and receive free news updates.