"We had been on the road with our trucks [Food Trucks & Co and Bloom Kitchen & Co] for about a year testing the menus and listening to what our customers wanted," said Sedyra Nieves, the restaurant's social media manager and owner Ernie Nieves' daughter. "We’ve taken these menus and created a great variety that we feel complements our normal offerings from our trucks. We feel it makes it easy for customers who follow us to come in anytime and have their street favorites in one set place."
The establishment on Howard Avenue opened to customers on Sept. 8 after two years of operating on the road, and their liquor permit was awarded the next day. Their menu is dominated by a 23 different types of sliders, including:
- A pancake breakfast slider filled with sausage, egg and cheese and drizzled with maple syrup
- A chicken and waffle slider
- A bacon and meatball slider
- A Philly cheesesteak slider
- A New England crab cake slider
- A vegan black bean burger slider
- A cripsy codfish slider
- A pulled pork and mac n' cheese slider
- Pulled smoked chicken
- Shredded beef brisket
- Shredded braised pork
- Seasoned shrimp
- Roasted veggies
Click here to follow Daily Voice Hartford and receive free news updates.