The possibly tainted dog biscuits were reported to police around 9:30 a.m., Monday, Aug. 19, when a resident on Council Ring Drive called the police to report that her dog had become sick after eating dog biscuits left in their yard, said Bristol Police Lt. Geoffrey Lund.
The resident told the Animal Control officer that on Saturday, Aug. 17, they found partially consumed milk bones in their yard and that their dog became ill shortly thereafter.
The milk bones had a toxic odor and were discarded by the homeowner prior to calling the police.
The Animal Control officer inspected the dog and it appeared healthy. There are no suspects and no similar reported complaints in the area.
As always, the public is urged to contact police at the time of an incident. Additionally, in similar situations, seek veterinary aid as soon as possible, and do not handle any unknown objects or substances.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Bristol Police at 860-584-3011.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Fairfield and receive free news updates.