A worker was hurt and several residents were relocated after a dryer at a Lehigh Valley nursing home went up in flames Wednesday morning, authorities said.
Nancy Run and Bethlehem Township volunteer fire crews found a fully-involved dryer fire and activated sprinkler as they arrived at Country Meadows Nursing and Rehab on Green Pond Road in Bethlehem around 4:45 a.m., NRFC said.
Both crews doused the fire and helped move several residents to other safe areas in the building.
One employee suffered a minor injury, and no residents were hurt, the fire company said.
“This is another case of a sprinkler system keeping a fire at a manageable level until the arrival of the fire department,” said the NRFC. “This, coupled with the staff’s quick response to their alarm system helped to ensure a favorable outcome for all involved.”
The fire remained under investigation by the Bethlehem Township Fire Marshal’s office but was not thought to be suspicious.
Mutual aid was provided by fire departments in Palmer and Hanover Township.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Northampton and receive free news updates.