It’s no secret that Westchester County is home to some of New York’s wealthiest communities, but which rank the highest?
In a newly released report by Statistical Atlas, the organization calculated which areas in Westchester have the highest household income, reviewing data from the 2010 census and 2012 through 2016 American Community Survey.
The median income in Westchester sits at $86,200, making it the 10th highest county in the area. Westchester also has the third highest average household income at $762,000 behind only New York ($877,000) and Fairfield ($812,100) counties.
The municipalities with the highest median household income in Westchester include:
- Scarsdale (more than $250,000 annually; 190 percent higher than the county median);
- Greenville ($203,200; 136 percent);
- Bronxville ($203,000; 135 percent);
- Armonk ($199,800; 132 percent);
- Bedford ($175,600; 104 percent);
- Rye ($162,400; 88.3 percent);
- Pelham Manor ($158,800; 84.2 percent);
- Larchmont ($152,500; 76.8 percent);
- Chappaqua ($149,200; 73 percent);
- Briarcliff Manor ($147,600; 71.2 percent).
The complete list can be found here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.