The positive COVID-19 infection rate continues to rise in Orange County as the number of confirmed cases also spikes.
There were 57 new COVID-19 cases reported in Orange County, according to the state Department of Health, bringing the total to 14,055 since the pandemic began.
According to the Department of Health, there are currently 38 COVID-19 patients hospitalized in Orange County, down from 40 earlier in the week with 15 under investigation with possible cases of COVID-19.
Of the 231,919 COVID-19 tests administered in Orange County, 6.1 percent of them have come back positive, down from 7 percent though the daily infection rate has been rising in recent weeks.
There was one new COVID-19 fatality in Orange County, bringing the death toll to 208:.
The recent infection rate, according to the Department of Health:
- Friday, Oct. 30: 2,196 tests administered, resulting in 87 (3 percent) positive cases;
- Saturday, Oct. 31: 1,799 tests administered, resulting in 59 (3.3 percent) positive cases;
- Sunday, Nov. 1: 1,540 tests administered, resulting in 44 (2.9 percent) positive cases;
- Monday, Nov. 2: 2,871 tests administered, resulting in 65 (2.3 percent) positive cases;
- Tuesday, Nov. 3: 1,764 tests administered, resulting in 57 (3.2 percent) positive cases.
The average infection rate over the past seven days has climbed from 2.6 percent to 2.7 percent. The average infection rate over the last two weeks is up from 2.3 percent to 2.5 percent.
A breakdown of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Orange County as of Thursday, Nov. 5:
- City of Newburgh: 1,839;
- Palm Tree: 1,593;
- City of Middletown: 1,427;
- Wallkill: 1,110;
- New Windsor: 1,098;
- Newburgh: 945;
- Montgomery: 761;
- Monroe: 721;
- Warwick: 721;
- Goshen: 563;
- Blooming Grove: 423;
- Chester: 422;
- Woodbury: 380;
- Highlands: 308;
- Wawayanda: 254;
- Mount Hope: 229;
- Cornwall: 208;
- City of Port Jervis: 180;
- Hamptonburgh: 179;
- Crawford: 119;
- Deerpark: 107;
- Minisink: 96;
- Greenville: 91;
- Tuxedo: 88.
Since the pandemic began, New York has administered 14,243,871 COVID-19 tests, with 503,176 testing positive. A total of 25,792 New Yorkers have died since mid-March.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.