ORANGE COUNTY, N.Y. -- Bottoms up. Whether you're a whiskey drinker or prefer your martinis shaken, not stirred, Orange County bartenders have something up their sleeves worth sipping and sampling.
Here are a few favorites, though feel free to tell us where you like to go by adding to our Comments or filling us in on Facebook.
- Blu Pointe, Newburgh: Make summer last with "Summer In Manhattan," a combination of Herradura Reposado, St Germain, Amaro Montenegro and Carpano Antica.
- Catherine's Restaurant, Goshen: Lemonade never tasted so good --at least this adult version. Check out the "Gentleman's Lemonade," Gentleman's Jack Whiskey, Cointreau, sweet and sour mix, topped with sprite and served with an orange.
- Black Dirt Bourbon Barn, Woodbury Common, Central Valley: Ya gotta taste something with "Warwick" in the title, right? It's Orange County, after all. The Warwick Gin is a zesty blend of Warwick Gin, Five & 20 Limoncello, Orange Bitters, Orange, and Sparkling Pointe Brut.
- Liberty Street Bistro, Newburgh: With the Hudson so close, it makes sense to toast this great river with The Hudson, muddled cucumber, ginger, Green Hook gin, lemon juice, and green Chartreuse.
- Zulu Time, West Point: Indulge in the "American Dream," filled with Grey Goose Vodka, Triple Sec, Blue Curacao, Sour Mix, Pineapple Juice, garnished with a lemon wedge. The view of the Hudson is pretty nice here too.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.