SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Motorists are advised that portions of the northbound and southbound Bronx River Parkway will be closed between the Sprain Brook Parkway and the Westchester County Center from Friday at 10 p.m. to Saturday at 10 p.m.
There will be no access from the six-lane portion of the northbound Bronx River Parkway to the four-lane portion of the northbound Bronx River Parkway at the Sprain Brook Parkway.
All traffic will be diverted onto the Sprain Brook Parkway and then Central Park Avenue (NY 100) to White Plains.
The northbound Bronx River Parkway will be accessible to local traffic at the following locations (between the Sprain Brook Parkway and Harney Road) at all times:
- Entrances from Paxton Avenue, Elm Street, Scarsdale Road, Thompson Street and Leewood Drive will be open
- All northbound traffic will be diverted at Harney Road to Scarsdale Avenue and East Parkway, re-entering the northbound parkway at Crane Road
The northbound Bronx River Parkway will be open to traffic at Crane Road and all points north. Southbound closures on the parkway are the following:
- There will be no access to the southbound Bronx River Parkway in White Plains, south of the County Center Exit 22
- All traffic will be detoured to Central Avenue, then south to the sprain Brook parkway
- Entrances to the southbound parkway at main Street and Fenimore Road will be closed
The southbound parkway will be open at Ardsley Road and all points south. Southbound parkway exit ramp to Crane Road (Exit 12) closure July 10 to August 15:
- Exit 12 from the southbound parkway to Crane Road will be closed from Friday, July 10 at 10 p.m. to August 15
- A detour will be posted using the southbound parkway to Exit 10 Harney Road to Scarsdale Avenue. Route 22 is suggested as an alternative to the detour route
These closures are necessary to complete construction of the new southbound roadway including installing the remaining portions of the permanent concrete median barrier, west fascia bridge rail, guide rail, curbs, waterproof the concrete bridge, reconstruct the north and south bridge approaches and pave the new southbound bridge and approaches as part of the Crane Road Bridge Replacement Project.
For additional information, contact the Westchester County Department of Public Works and Transportation at 914-995-2555.
Full details on this project are available at www.westchestergov.com/craneroadbridge.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.