RYE, N.Y. -- Westchester has hired engineers to design the county's capital projects to refurbish and upgrade Playland Park.
A team led by LiRo Engineers, Inc. includes the Westchester firm, Savin Engineers.
“The consultants will ensure that this series of capital projects is streamlined and executed efficiently, said County Executive Robert P. Astorino making the recent announcement.
Under the county's partnership with the park's manager, Standard Amusements, it is responsible for hiring an engineering consultant to provide design, construction and program administration.
The consultant also will review the design documents submitted by Standard Amusements and coordinate the design and construction of all projects at Playland.
The two firms responded to a request for proposal and were selected in July, Astorino said.
“LiRo and Savin have a strong reputation for doing outstanding work. This is a positive first-step in the right direction for this historic project,” said Nicholas Singer, partner at Standard Amusements and a Harrison native.
LiRo Engineers will work with the following consultants:
- Savin Engineers for electrical engineering design, structural engineering design, construction administration services, and program management services.
- CTA Architects for architectural design and historic preservation services.
- Historical Perspectives, Inc. , for archaeological services.
- YU & Associates Engineers for geotechnical engineering design services.
- KM Associates of New York, Inc. , for permitting services.
Of the consortium, two firms, Savin Engineers and YU & Associates Engineers are registered minority-owned businesses, and Historical Perspectives, Inc. is a woman-owned business.
A work schedule will be finalized by the end of September.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.