WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- If you haven't made your Halloween plans yet, don't worry. There's still time to attend one of the many area events going on around town. The only problem? Picking just one!
Saturday, Oct. 29
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Pelham Picture House, Pelham: What better way to celebrate Halloween then with a loving couple, a few lost monsters, and a sweet transvestite from transsexual Transylvania. Sing and dance through a campy, sloppy salute to horror movies and sexual liberation. Bring your sense of humor. And some toast. Wear your Rocky Horror Picture Show inspired costume and get free admission. Get the Scary Details: 10 p.m. 175 Wolfs Lane, (914) 738-7337, Pelham.
- The Dobbs Ferry Haunted House, Dobbs Ferry: The Dobbs Ferry Woman's Club and the Dobbs Ferry PTSA invite the public to attend its annual Dobbs Ferry Haunted House event at the Dobbs Ferry Woman’s Club from 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Admission is $3 and includes participation in ghost stories acted out in some of the rooms of the mansion -- supposedly a real life haunted house! There's an activity room for children and refreshments for participants. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Get the Scary Details: 54 Clinton Avenue, Dobbs Ferry, (914) 693-5815
- Tarrytown Halloween Parade, Tarrytown: Join the costumed fun at this annual parade. The route starts at Patriot's Park, winds down Broadway and ends up on Main Street. Get the Scary Details: 5:30 p.m, rain date is Oct. 30. Patriot’s Park, Route 9.
- Halloween Parade and Carnival, Yorktown: Lots to do at this festive event where, post parade, there's a carnival with outdoor activities, costume showcase, hayrides and a pumpkin patch. Get the Scary Details : 2 p.m.; rain date Oct. 30, (914) 245-4650.
- Halloween Spooktacular, Cross County Shopping Center, Yonkers: Head to the mall where trick-or-treating stations will be set up along with Halloween arts and crafts, strolling entertainers and even a fortune teller. Get the Scary Details : 5 p.m., (914)968-9570, 8000 Mall Walk, Yonkers
- Keeler Library, North Salem : For something less scary, Halloween Story Time is being offered for the preschool set. Get the Scary Details: 3p.m. 276 Titicus Rd, North Salem, (914) 669-5161.
Sunday, Oct. 30
- Howlin’ Halloween, Greenburgh Nature Center, Scarsdale: Take a hike and enjoy the more than 100 carved and lit pumpkins placed strategically along the trails. Costumes are encouraged and don't be surprised if you see scarecrows and other surprises. Get the Scary Details: 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.; $8 members, $15 non-members, (914) 723-3470.
- Spooky Stories from Six Feet Under, Sleepy Hollow Cemetery : Local storyteller David Neilsen shares four spine-tingling cemetery tales of ghoulish ghosts and fiendish fools for trick-or-treaters of all ages. Get the Scary Details: 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Children 7 to 12: $8. Over 12 and adults: $12. (914) 631-0081, 540 N. Broadway, Sleepy Hollow.
- Rivertown String Quartet: Halloween Spooktacular, Yonkers: The group will play along the Yonkers Riverfront at 3 p.m.
- Animal Messages, Reiki and More, The Organic Teaching Kitchen, Croton: Meet animal intuitive Anne Quick and learn if your pets have a message for you. Plus get a quick tarot reading and a reiki tune up while enjoying healthy pumpkin spiced treats from the Organic Teaching Kitchen. Get the Scary Details: 18 Old Post Road South, Croton-On-Hudson, (914)323-8343.
Monday, Oct. 31
- Murder, Madness, Mayhem and Poe with Frank Connelly, Larchmont Library, Larchmont : In what has become a Westchester County Halloween tradition Librarian Frank Connelly reads timeless Poe classics including The Cask of Amontillado, The Masque of the Red Death, The Tell-Tale Heart and Annabelle Lee. Get the Scary Details: 7 p.m., 121 Larchmont Ave, Larchmont, (914) 834-2281.
- A Yogi Halloween, Peekskill: Join Niyama Studio for a child friendly yoga Halloween party. You'll make elephant masks, practice grounding yoga and mediation and eat healthy vegetarian snacks. This is a no candy party geared to those from baby to age eight. Costumes optional. Get the Scary Details: 4 p.m. 925 South St, Peekskill, : (914) 519-7875.
And ongoing don't miss events:
- The Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze, Croton: There's nothing like this blaze of 7,000 carved and illuminated pumpkins which this year includes an 80-foot-long Pumpkin Zee bridge replica. Tickets went on sale Sept. 1, so many dates may already be sold out. Times vary by date and advanced tickets are required. Get The Scary Details : www.hudsonvalley.org/events/blaze.
- The Historic Hudson Valley sponsors a variety of programs from the Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze to Horseman's Hollow to The Legend Behind the Legend. Get The Scary Details: ( 914) 366-6900, www.hudsonvalley.org/ .
- Jay Ghoul’s House of Curiosities at Lyndhurst, Tarrytown: Meet the Ghoul family members who didn’t quite make it in Hollywood as they lead you on a spooky tour of the historic mansion Get The Scary Details: 635 S. Broadway, (914) 631-4481.
- Scared by the Sound, Rye: Scaredycats need not apply. This is a serious haunted house complete with a Crypt Walk, Haunted Wine Cellar, Creepy Morgue, Tunnels of Doom and a Black Out Maze. Tickets can be purchased in advance online or at the box office. Get the Scary Details : Playland Amusement Park, 1 Playland Parkway, Rye.
- The Haunt at Rocky Ledge, North White Plains: Celebrate Halloween in style via two creepy haunted houses, winding wooded trails and the only haunted cornfield in Westchester. The Haunt boasts classic scare tactics by real actors, with less emphasis on animatronics and other technology. Get the Scary Details: 1402 Old Orchard Street, White Plains.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.