Firefighters were sent to a nursing home in Northern Westchester after an electric fireplace malfunctioned.
The incident happened on Sunday, Jan. 29, around 8:15 p.m., when firefighters responded to the Sky View Rehabilitation & Health Care nursing home in Croton-on-Hudson located at 1280 Albany Post Rd., according to the Croton-on-Hudson Fire Department.
Once arriving, crews found an electric fireplace in the nursing home's main entrance area that was malfunctioning and causing a fire and were able to safely remove it from the building.
No injuries were reported from the incident, and crews were able to leave the scene within 30 minutes.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Ramapo and receive free news updates.