Five local businesses were nabbed for allegedly selling alcohol to minors during a sting operation.
The operation was conducted in Orange County on Wednesday, Sept. 15, by the town of Wallkill Police, along with the town's building department and state Liquor Authority officials.
During the operation, five employees were charged with unlawfully dealing with a child and issued an appearance ticket to appear in court.
Those arrested and the businesses they work at include:
- Nelsy Ulloa-Pineda, age 43, Beer World, Route 211E.
- Nina Goodman, age 19, Discount Beer and Smoke Shop, Route 211E.
- Dema Tshering, age 32, Silverlake Deli, Scotchtown Road
- Diana Rodriguez, age 36, Lakes Deli, Route 302
- Nicole Latreille, age 52, Mobil Gas Station, Bloomingburg Road
Additionally, Beer World, Discount Beer, Silverlake Deli, and the Mobil gas station were all cited for code violations.
The department said the operation is an ongoing effort to curb the sale of alcohol to minors in Wallkill.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.