PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Stumped on how to handle the crowd coming for Thanksgiving dinner? Consider the following venues where prepared food ready to go is just another phrase for relieving holiday headaches.
- For the first time ever, Chef Dennis Cruz at 12 Grapes is offering a variety of Thanksgiving sides, including his ever popular warm brussels sprout salad with bacon, apples and bleu cheese. Also available: parmesan mashed potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, apple and pumpkin pie and more. Talk Turkey: 12 N. Division St, Peekskill, (914) 737-6624, www.12grapes.com.
- The third-generation family-owned Cole's Market is a one-stop shop for all your holiday needs. Owner Tommy Cole sells about 1,000 turkeys a year ("Fresh, not frozen," he said), along with a variety of other items including apple or herb stuffing, candied sweet potatoes, housemade cranberry sauce and green bean almondine. Talk Turkey: 2147, Montrose, (914) 737-7737, www.colesmarket.com.
- If you missed the old A&S Fine Foods, now's the time to go again -- and place your order (ideally before Nov. 23). The new store, located in Croton Commons Shopping Center (and open as of Nov. 19), has as extensive array of cheese, different flavored raviolis, as well as a full Thanksgiving menu including stuffed pork loin and roast prime rib for the turkey adverse. Talk Turkey: 171 S. Riverside Ave., Croton, (914) 271-2216, www.aandsfoods.com. (FYI: Phone should be working by Nov. 17; if not, try the Port Chester store at 914-481-1811.)
- Family owned an operated since 1970, Homestyle Desserts Bakery is as "homey" as you get. Owner Rose Sanca and her staff always have a warm smile delivered along with your order. Among the holiday favorites: pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin mousse, pumpkin pecan pie, pumpkin rolls and mincemeat pies. Talk Turkey: 24 South Water St., Peekskill, (914) 737-4659 www.homestyledessertsbakery.com.
- Dave Tuttle, known in the area for his homemade pies, continues to bake away, even though he's now the Co-Owner of Ralph and Dave's in Verplank. Order by Friday, Nov. 21 for a choice of double crust apple, pumpkin, sour cream apple, pear with fresh ginger and more.Talk Turkey: 7 Riverview Ave, Verplanck, (914) 930-1708.
Have another favorite to add? Tell us about it in the Comments section below.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.