OSSINING, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining this week:
- Ossining High School's Alex Delacruz wrestled his way into the finals of the New York State Championships in the 126-pound division but came up one point short against a wrestler who had defeated him earlier in the year, according to LoHud.com.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor.
- Sharpshooters killed 11 deer at Ossining's Teatown Lake Reservation last month as part of a cull to maintain balance within the area's ecosystem, according to LoHud.com.
- Skaters from Westchester County helped the Skyliners Synchronized Skating team win the gold medal in the Juvenile Division at the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- A 26-year-old Florida man, Patrick Smith, has been sentenced to 25 years to life for a murder that occurred in North Salem.
- Forbes Magazine has rated the New York City-Westchester-Hackensack, N.J., area as the nation's most overpriced area to live in, tied with Honolulu.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.