Brush Fire Near Routes 9A, 134 In Ossining Is Extinguished

OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Ossining Fire Department has extinguished a brush fire at a private home near Routes 9A and Route 134 on Tuesday night.

According to Westchester County Police, the fire was caused by an outdoor wood burning stove. Fire officials arrived on the scene about 8:30 p.m. and closed off Route 9A southbond near 134, according to police. It took about an hour to extinguish the fire, according to police. 

No one was hurt by the blaze and 9A and 134 were reopened, according to police. 


to follow Daily Voice Ossining and receive free news updates.