OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Hudson Valley Symphonic Wind Ensemble will perform “Music for the World,” a concert benefiting the work of the Maryknoll Sisters, on Sunday, March 1, at 3 p.m. at the Maryknoll Sisters Center in Ossining.
Tickets are $25 each, and all proceeds go directly to support the Sisters’ global outreach in mission in more than 20 countries around the world.
This year’s concert program will include the following selections:
- Alfred Reed's "Music in the Air," "A Symphonic Prelude: Black Is the Color of My True Love's Hair" and "Serenade."
- Charles Ives' "Variations on 'America.'"
- Clare Grundman's "A Scottish Rhapsody."
- Ernest Gold's "Highlights from 'Exodus.'"
- Harvey Schmidt's Overture to "The Fantasticks."
Tickets can be ordered by calling 866-662-9900 or online at www.MaryknollSisters.org/concert15.
Credit cards, cash or checks will be accepted.
Maryknoll Sisters are the first U.S.-based congregation of women religious dedicated to world mission. Working primarily among the poor and marginalized in more than 20 countries around the world, they now number nearly 450 members.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.