A fire started in one of the diner's deep fryers and spread, as employees told investigators and confirmed by the Rhinebeck Fire Department.
The fire was thought put out by an extinguisher, but it reignited and spread to the kitchen ceiling, reported the Poughkeepsie Journal.
Relatives of the owners said that they will rebuild the diner if the building can't be saved.
Click here to read the rest of the Poughkeepsie Journal article.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Northwest Dutchess and receive free news updates.