DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the week's top stories from around Dutchess County.
- A 25-year-old Poughkeepsie man was sentenced to 15 years in prison for his role in a 2014 shooting that wounded three people, including two law enforcement officers.
- The Dutchess County Department of Emergency Response will offer a Citizen’s Preparedness Training Program on Tuesday, March 15.
- The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation will hold two public information meetings on a draft master plan/draft environmental impact statement for Taconic State Park.
- Three correction officers and a sergeant were injured at Downstate Correctional Facility when a 23-year-old inmate attacked one of the officers with a baton.
- A 48-year-old Pleasant Valley man is facing a murder charge after he was accused of killing his mother then dumping her body in South Carolina.
- Overtime spending by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority rose 11 percent in 2015, making it possible for hundreds of employees to double their pay.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.