DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- It’s that time of the year when every other car you pass on the road in Dutchess County seems to have a Christmas tree lashed to its roof or sticking out of its trunk.
Well, Dutchess County tree farmers are ready and raring to have one of those ubiquitous firs and spruces go home with you.
And many of these cut-your-own places have extras -- think hay rides and hot cocoa -- not to mention handmade wreaths and greenery swags.
A sampling of those farms, as listed on the Dutchess Tourism website, are:
- Abel Tree Farm, 435 N. Clove Road, Verbank.
- Bilmar Nurseries, 26 Bilmar Blvd., Pleasant Valley.
- Fabulous Firs, Van Wagner Road, Poughkeepsie.
- F.W. Battenfield & Son, 856 Route 199, Red Hook.
- Saltsman Christmas Tree Farm, 214 Route 308, Rhinebeck.
To find a complete list of these folks, click here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.