Friday, July 1
- East Fishkill: Head to the East Fishkill Recreation Park at 7 p.m. with an oldies concert featuring Adam & The New Hearts. Fireworks will go off at dusk. A rain date has been set for July 3.
Saturday, July 2
- Poughkeepsie: The celebration of America's 240th birthday includes a fireworks display from 6:30 to to 10 p.m. over the Hudson River. Recommended spots for viewing include Waryas Park, The Walkway Over the Hudson (tickets required) and The Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum (tickets required). Rain date is July 3. Information: (845) 451-4072 or www.cityofpoughkeepsie.com/. For the Walkway, call (845)454-9649 or visit www.Walkway.org/.
Sunday, July 3
- Beacon: Enjoy a day of family fun and patriotic celebrations and fireworks at Beacon Memorial Park (Route 52 and Wilkes Park). Fireworks begin at dusk. Rain date is July 4.
Monday, July 4
- Hyde Park: The annual Independence Day parade, working under the theme, “National Parks Service – Celebrating 100 years," begins at 10 a.m. at the Roosevelt Theaters and ends in the back of the Regina Coeli Church for trophies and awards..
- Fishkill: Get a history lesson -- and have some fun in the process -- with a reading of the Declaration of Independence at 10 and 11 a.m. on the front steps of Village Hall, 1095 Main Street.
- Germantown: Yes, we know it's over the border but worth the drive for this old-fashioned festival complete with the sounds, tastes, and smells of the Colonial era. Head to Clermont State Historic Site from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. where the museum will be surrounded by hands-on experiences; everything from polite tea parties to drilling and firing demonstrations by Revolutionary War reenactors, to a chance to meet George Washington on his horse. From 7 to 10 p.m., the grounds will be alive with the blues played by the Willie Amrod Band, until the evening is capped off with a view of the Saugerties fireworks over the Hudson River.
Wappingers Falls: The Dutchess County Stadium will sport fireworks after the Hudson Valley Renegades vs. Staten Island Yankees game.
Beekman: The Town of Beekman will have fireworks at its community day on July 16 at Beekman Recreation Park in Hopewell Junction from noon to 10 p.m. The event will include a live band, vendors and activities with fireworks at dusk.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Northwest Dutchess and receive free news updates.