A family had to flee a New Rochelle home over the weekend after failing to smother a fire that quickly spread to the rest of the residence.
Fire crews were dispatched to a Webster Avenue home shortly after 3 a.m. on Sunday morning, after a fire broke out on the second story of the residence and the residents failed to smother and knock down the flames, prompting them to flee the residence, officials said. Three residents were able to escape the home once the fire spread.
The flames were knocked down in approximately two hours. No injuries were reported. More than two dozen firefighters responded to the scene. According to multiple reports, the fire may have been caused by incense that fell over and ignited the carpet. The fire remains under investigation.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.