NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle this week:
- A couple living in a top-floor apartment in New Rochelle had to jump from the building in order to escape a fire.
- New Rochelle Police are looking into a report of a home invasion robbery, that reportedly involved two men wearing ski masks and carrying a shotgun.
- Four New Rochelle residents remained displaced late on Monday afternoon, after an early morning fire tore through a Bayard Street home, razing half of it.
- Two Monroe College football players have been suspended from school after being arrested following a drive-by shooting.
- Single-family home prices in Westchester climbed 16.5 percent and sales increased 19.4 percent in the first quarter of 2014, compared with the same period in 2013, according to a report published Monday by the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.