This year’s concerts will feature the addition of food trucks each week, so that concert goers can purchase snacks and drinks. There will also be a trailer with deluxe restroom facilities.
“The New Rochelle Council on the Arts received an anonymous gift of $100,000 to upgrade our concert series, and we have used every penny to make the Hudson Park series Westchester’s finest outdoor venue,” said Theresa Kump Leghorn, president of the New Rochelle Council of the Arts.
This year’s concerts will feature musicians performing free concerts of everything from mellow jazz to opera to bluegrass, Motown and hip-hop.
In addition, NRCA has added four Friday nights to the schedule: Friday Night Live at Hudson Park on July 8 and 22 and Aug. 5 and 19.
“The support of Webster Bank and People’s United Bank has made it possible for us to continue to bring free concerts to the community," said Bill Zimmerman, commissioner of New Rochelle’s Department of Parks and Recreation.
For more information visit the NRCA website or call the Dept. of Parks and Recreation at (914)-654-2087.
The full Summer Sounds Concert Series schedule includes:
- July 6: Showtime Dance Band Dance band playing rock, R & B, Motown, disco and swing
- July 8: "Pirates of Penzance" Sing-Along
- July 13: Feinberg Brothers Authentic bluegrass band
- July 20: New Rochelle Opera Favorite selections
- July 22: Word! Salute to Hip-Hop and the Spoken Word
- July 27: Wali Ali and the Tambourine Band
- August 3: Benson-Scott Big Band
- August 5 :Rejoice! Gospel Celebration Featuring the Kay Boyd Ensemble
- August 10 : Glenda Davenport Quartet
- August 17: Ben Clark and the Long Shadows
- August 19: ‘Sup? Emerging Bands Take the Stage Performances by emerging bands including the Jacob Harelick Groove, Pronoia and more
- August 24: Firey String Sistas
- August 31: The Kootz Band
Click here to follow Daily Voice New Rochelle and receive free news updates.