There has been an uptick in positive test results for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) on Long Island, according to three-day data released Wednesday, July 8.
Of the 57,585 tests conducted on Tuesday, July 7 in New York State, 692, or 1.2 percent, were positive.
On Long Island, the positive percentages in the last three days are as follows:
- Sunday, July 5: 0.90 percent
- Monday, July 6: 1.0 percent
- Tuesday, July 7: 1.3 percent
There were 34 new COVID-19 cases reported in Nassau County with another 69 positive cases in Suffolk County.
Here is overall state data for Tuesday:
- Patient Hospitalization - 841 (+5)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 84 (+16)
- Hospital Counties - 31
- Number ICU - 166 (+6)
- Number ICU with Intubation - 97 (-6)
- Total Discharges - 71,185 (+94)
- Deaths - 11
- Total Deaths - 24,944
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.