The number of positive test results for COVID-19 has remained steady on Long Island, according to three-day data released Saturday, Aug. 22.
Of the 94,849 test results reported on Friday, Aug. 21 to New York State, 653, or 0.69 percent, were positive.
On Long Island, the positive percentages in the last three days are as follows:
- Wednesday, Aug. 19: 0.8 percent
- Thursday, Aug. 20: 0.7 percent
- Friday, Aug. 21: 0.7 percent
There were 43 new COVID-19 cases reported in Nassau County with another 56 positive cases in Suffolk County.
There were four deaths due to COVID-19 in New York State on Friday, with two on Long Island - one in Nassau and one in Suffolk.
Here is overall state data for Friday:
- Patient Hospitalization - 483 (-7)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 75
- Number ICU - 116 (-3)
- Number ICU with Intubation - 56 (-2)
- Total Discharges - 74,553 (+68)
- Deaths - 4
- Total Deaths - 25,282
Click here to follow Daily Voice Nassau and receive free news updates.