Positive test results for COVID-19 on Long Island remained steady, according to brand-new five-day data released by New York State on Tuesday, Aug. 4.
Of the 70,993 test results reported on Monday, Aug. 3 to New York State, 746, or 1.05 percent, were positive.
On Long Island, the positive percentages in the last five days are as follows:
- Thursday, July 30: 0.9 percent
- Friday, July 31: 1.1 percent
- Saturday, Aug. 1.0 percent
- Sunday, Aug. 2: 1.3 percent
- Monday, Aug. 3: 1.3 percent
A total of 746 new COVID cases were reported on Monday, bringing the statewide total to 417,589 during the pandemic.
There were 56 new COVID-19 cases reported in Nassau County (down two from a day earlier) Monday with another 73 positive cases in Suffolk County (up 23 from a day earlier).
There were three deaths due to COVID-19 in New York State on Monday, with none on Long Island.
Here is overall state data for Monday:
- Patient Hospitalization - 568 (+32)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 85
- Number ICU - 139 (+3)
- Number ICU with Intubation - 69 (+7)
- Total Discharges - 73,326 (+47)
- Deaths - 3
- Total Deaths - 25,175
Click here to follow Daily Voice Nassau and receive free news updates.