MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - The Mount Vernon Board of Education has announced that the school district will be conducting mandatory school re-registration for the upcoming school year.
Parents must re-register all students in the district over the summer, or they will not be permitted to attend school in September until the re-registration process is completed.
The Board said that the re-registration process will allow parents and guardians the opportunity to update all information for accuracy and ensure that all students presently enrolled in the school district are legal residents of Mount Vernon and entitled to a free public education.
Re-registration times and dates have been scheduled for each Mount Vernon school:
- Out of district and Mandela : 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on June 26 and 28; 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on June 27.
- Mount Vernon High School : 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on June 30 and July 3; 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on June 29 and July 5.
- Thornton High School : 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on July 11 and 13; 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on July 10 and 12.
- Lincoln and Pennington : 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on July 18 and 20; 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on July 17 and 19.
- Benjamin Turner and A.B. Davis: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on July 26 and 27; 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Aug. 1 and 3.
- Graham, Holmes and Traphagen: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on July 31, Aug. 2 and 3; 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Aug. 1 and 3.
- Columbus, Grimes and Hamilton : 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Aug. 8 and 10; 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Aug. 7 and 9.
- Parker, Rebecca Turner and Williams : 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Aug. 15 and 17; 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Aug. 14 and 16.
Re-registration will take place at the Board of Education building at 165. N. Columbus Ave.
When re-registering, parents must provide proof of residency, including:
- Current mortgage statement
- Current property tax bill
- Current lease agreement
- Statement by a third-party establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation physical presence in the school district
- Pay stub
- Income tax form(s)
- Utility bill or other bills (e.g., power company, cable, National Grid, etc.)
- Membership documents that are based upon residency (e.g., library cards)
- Voter registration document(s)
- State or other government issued identification
- Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (for instance, local social services agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
- Evidence of custody of the child/children, including, but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers
- Other forms of documentation and/or information establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation physical presence in the school district
Any questions or concerns regarding re-registration can be emailed to FGaon@mtvernoncsd.org or call (914) 358-2380.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.