Contact Us
Mount Vernon Daily Voice serves Mount Vernon, NY
Return to your home site

Menu

Mount Vernon Daily Voice serves Mount Vernon, NY

Nearby Sites

Police & Fire

Roofers Using Blow Torch Accidentally Spark Mount Vernon Fire

Photo Credit: File

MOUNT VERNON – A vacant house at 217 S. 10th Ave. was heavily damaged Friday, when roofers using a blow torch inadvertently sparked a fire, loud.com reported.

The fire, which was reported at about 4:20 p.m., left a firefighter injured and the home unfit for occupancy, according to lohud.

To read the full story, click here.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.