DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Two stories dominated the news in Dutchess County during the week including:
A Wassaic man was charged Tuesday with predatory sexual assault against a child under the age of 13 following a report by a woman who said she had been assaulted as a child, according to the New York State Police. Click here to read the entire story.
The 2600 block of East Main Street in Wappingers Falls is slowly coming back to life following a devasting fire Saturday that damaged several businesses and apartments. Click here to read the entire story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- The Beacon Police Department has received several calls reporting a black bear in the area of Wilson Street and Liberty Street.
- Duncandale Farms, a 158-acre farm in the Town of North East has been protected from future development with the purchase of the easement rights by several entities, including Dutchess County.
- A 52-year-old Dutchess County man who is registered as a “lifetime” sex offender is back in jail after being busted on drug charges.
- Hudson Valley native and former FBI Director James Comey testified on Thursday that President Donald Trump lied both about the circumstances of his dismissal and the status of the FBI in nearly three hours of testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee.
- A 33-year-old inmate serving time for an attempted murder, assault and robbery attacked and injured four police officers at the Green Haven Correctional Facility in Stormville on May 25, according to the New York State Correctional Officers Police Benevolent Association.
- In their continued efforts to eliminate impaired drivers on Hudson Valley roadways, New York State police made more than a dozen arrests for motorists driving while intoxicated over the weekend.
- A Poughkeepsie attorney who had been accused of having inappropriate sexual contact with a client is now facing a similar accusation from a new accuser.
- A pedestrian who was struck by a car on Innis Avenue around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday is in serious condition at Westchester Medical Center, according to the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.