ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- The arrest of the "bathrobe" burglar and the transfer of a K-9 dog that killed another dog topped the news in Rockland County for the week.
The name of the Suffern man who made a splash on social media by being caught on camera in his bathrobe breaking into an Airmont home has been obtained by Daily Voice shortly after Ramapo Police announced his arrest Wednesday morning. Click here to read the story.
The Rockland County Sheriff's Office announced Thursday that the department's Arson dog, K-9 Roscoe, would be transferred to the State Fire Academy, after killing another dog on Nov. 21. Click here to read the story.
In other news this past week (Click on the link to read entire story):
- It was easy for four Hudson Valley residents to offer up huge smiles when handed giant checks from the New Lottery making them the area's newest millionaires.
- An attempted hold-up in which multiple shots were fired in New City by two men led police to drugs, guns, and money, according to the Clarkstown Police.
- Sentencing has been delayed for former Town of Ramapo Supervisor Christopher St. Lawrence's in order to allow the judge to review any possible financial losses suffered by investors of the town's fraudulent bonds.
- A 70-year-old Bergen County woman was killed in a single-vehicle crash on 9W in Tomkins Cove after driving off the roadway, according to the Stony Point Police.
- For real-time Rockland news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Rockland County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Rockland Daily Voice on Twitter @DVRockland by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.