Members of local fire department had to get creative over the weekend to extinguish an electrical fire that sparked in the walls of a garage.
Late on Saturday afternoon, a water tanker from Millwood was dispatched to a Frog Rock Road home in the Chappaqua Fire Department’s district, where there was a report of smoke in a structure, though there were no fire hydrants in the area to help crews.
Officials said that fire chiefs from the Chappaqua Fire Department were able to quickly identify the source of the smoke and fire, which was sparked from an electrical panel in the garage. The tanker arrived within minutes and secured the water source, continuing onto the scene. Tankers had also been requested from the Bedford Hills and Banksville fire departments.
The fire was swiftly extinguished, and crews were able to leave the scene in about an hour. No injuries were reported, and the structure suffered minimal damage in the garage area.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.